Saturday, October 8, 2011

On my mind....

If you didn't know this, let me tell you...October is a busy month. It's a month of awareness: 
*Breast Cancer Awareness
*Domestic Violence Awareness
*National Pork Month
*Down Syndrome Awareness month... and the list goes on.

But closest to my heart is, National Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness.
And one week from today will be October 15th, which is National Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day. I have been busy gearing up for our first annual Memorial Walk to celebrate all our babies, and honor the women & families who have experienced the loss of a child. In preparation of this event, my heart has been heavy...and I know the tears will flow. I found a couple of poems I would like to share, as they 'say it all' without me having to say it...


Thinking of You with Love


We thought of you with love today,
but that is nothing new.
We thought about you yesterday,
and days before that too.
We think of you in silence,
we often speak your name.
All we have are memories,
and your picture in a frame.
Your memory is our keepsake,
with which we will never part.
God has you in His keeping,
we have you in our hearts.
A million times we`ve wanted you.
A million times we cried.
If love could only have saved you,
you never would have died.
It broke our hearts to lose you.
But you didn`t go alone.
For a part of us went with you...
the day God called you Home.


~Author Unknown

Tears

If tears could build a stairway,
and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to Heaven
and bring you home again.
No farewell words were spoken
no time to say goodbye
you were gone before I knew it,
and only God knows why.
My heart still aches in sadness
and secret tears still flow,
what it meant to lose you,
no one will ever know.

~Author Unknown







No comments:

Post a Comment